Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A new family established

I'm a little over 3 weeks late in posting this but I knew it was going to take a little time to write about it so I wanted to wait till I actually had the time to sit and write and now I do! Three weeks ago on August 14th I was married for time and all eternity to my eternal companion Michael David Stones. If you have been following this blog or know me you know that this is something I have been waiting months to do and even though months might not be an extraordinarily long wait, it seemed that way to me, but finally it came and what an exceptional day it was. We were sealed in the San Diego Temple and once we were married we came out to see all of our friends, family, and loved ones standing outside waiting to celebrate the happy choice and right choice of the two of us choosing to be married in the temple. Never can I remember being happier than those couple hours taking pictures in front of the temple and seeing everyone laughing and smiling and the joy they felt for Michael and me. Two families were being joined together as one and everyone seemed to be in the same mindset, the same feeling of happiness and love. Our photographer, Kip Roof, was amazingly unbelievable. He captured everything perfectly and with his pictures has given us memories we will never forget. Even family members who snapped shots of us have added to those memories we will hold on to forever. We even had an amazing lunch which was paid for by Michael's parents, two wonderful people who I am so so thankful and happy they are my in-laws, the lunch was at El Torito one of my favorite places to eat! Mexican food! Mmmmm yum :) Though when it got closer to the reception and the day was growing long, this bride started to get tired and cranky and it ruined a little part of the day but by the time the reception started I was back into the fun happiness mode of seeing all those who had traveled far to see and celebrate my marriage to Michael and to see their support for us was an extra boost that allowed me to enjoy the rest of the evening without causing anymore anguish lol And at the end of my night it was just me and my husband and the remembrance of a perfect day. Nothing had gone terribly wrong and there was truly nothing to complain about, everyone had helped and given there time to us so that we might have a happy wedding and we did :) And almost two weeks later we got to have a reception in Colorado which was awesome! I found more people who were excited and happy to celebrate with us and the room was decorated beautifully thanks to Michael's mom and sisters, it was absolutely lovely. I thank all who made that day great and wonderful for me and Michael and that is a thank you to everyone who showed up and participated in mine and Michael's special day. So thank you :) and here is to a little over three weeks of an amazing marriage to an amazing man. I love you Michael!
Taylor




1 comment:

  1. It's about time!!! Just playing with you. You & Michael make a beautiful couple. You are perfect together.

    Have you been following the Manning Family Tree blog? I've been posting about your wedding for the past week. I'm about to post about the reception which will be the finale. Check it out, if you haven't already.
    Love,
    Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete