So I do realize that most of the things I post on here are mushy-gushy love things but hey it's to be expected right? Because I am mushy-gushy in love! haha!
But right now I am going to write about the awesome lesson we had yesterday in Relief Society, it was phenomenal! Our teacher started the lesson with Once Upon A Time...and what we thought of when we heard that and of course the first thing that came to everyone's mind was Happily ever after, because what is Once Upon A Time without Happily Ever After to complete it?
We talked about all of the Disney princess we know and how they reached their Happily Ever Afters. First we named their attributes, how the princesses were kind and smart and most of all how they were always cheerful. Even when facing their individual adversities they managed to pull through with a smile and optimism about their futures. That was the main point our teacher was trying to get across that we will reach our Happily Ever Afters by not only our perseverance but also by the attitude you keep while enduring your hardships. We don't want to reach the day of our achievements thinking "oh...sweet...we made it...yipee..." but we want to be able to reach our goals with the feeling of "YES! All of that hard work and patience was for something good! I worked hard and it payed off!!!" So needless to say this lesson was totally focused towards me (I think Heavenly Father is trying to tell me something...haha), and that I really can't do anything about the waiting and the time in between now and eternity so all I can do is just keep myself occupied and keep a happy optimistic attitude about it and know that the reward will be so worth the wait.
I also realize that that is what people have been trying to tell me for about the past month but hey, sometimes it takes a lesson put into Disney terms to really get it to sink in. I guess it is also the fact that my spirit is more open to advice during church then when I am in my apartment or anywhere else and the girl who gave the lesson was just so happy and it really sunk in that if I am helping others and doing what is right with a positive attitude then my Happily Ever After will come faster than I think :]
Site Under Construction
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment