Our Heavenly Father works in mysterious and awe-inspiring ways. He is omnipotent. He is merciful. He is loving. Time and time again the spirit has testified to me of the greatness of our Father in Heaven, and last week I was reminded again just how merciful and powerful He really is, and how He uses us to do His work. It was either Monday night or Wednesday night (I'm not quite sure but it had to be one of these days because the next morning I had class) around one o'clock in the morning, and Michael and I were both in a deep sleep when Michael sat strsight up in bed. This sudden movement woke me up enough to ask him what was the matter. Michael just said something's wrong and dshed to Page's crib across the room. Where he found little Page sitting up and silently choking! She was already turning red when Michael scooped her up and laid her over his knee. He then began to pound forcefully enough for the throw up that had been clogging her throat to come pouring out. I stood shocked and bewildered as he continued to pound and throw up continued to flow. It seemed like it was never going to end, I felt completely helpless. Finally, after what felt like hours (it all actually happened very quickly, from the time woke up to when Michael finally got her breathing normally again) Page had finally started to breathe again, and acted like none of this had just happened! She looked around for a second, let out a little cry and shoved her thumb in her mouth and went right back to sleep on my chest! Her mommy and daddy on the other hand were wide awake and slightly traumatized!!! We could not get back to sleep and when we finally did, we found ourselves waking up to every little noise, every slight movement, every tiny cry! Needless to say we now wake up every night with the soul purpose of checking on Page and making sure all is right. I am so beyond grateful to my husband Michael for being a worthy priesthood holder and that he was open to the promptings of the spirit (He told me the only reason he knew something was wrong was because he had a feeling from the spirit.) I am forever grateful for a Father in Heaven who knows my heart and knows Michael's heart, and knows Page's part in our hearts. I am thankful for His love and kindness and for showing us mercy by allowing us to be there for our little girl. There is no doubt in my mind that we have a tender Heavenly Father and a loving Savior Jesus Christ, who know us and care about our lives and our well being. They care about the things that make us happy, They care about those whom we care about. I am so grateful for this life and for the opportunity/gift I have been given to be a mother and I am incredibly grateful for the many blessings I have, especially the little family I have been bestowed. Life is a gift, a treasure, and we should treat it as such!
No comments:
Post a Comment