Sunday, March 24, 2013

Humbling moments

I know I've brought this up in a few posts but I have what's called Post Partem Anxiety and it has sadly brought on depression. Luckily for me I have a husband who caught on fast that I was off and after a few arguments turned understanding talks we came to the knowledge that we needed to figure out how to help my new, I guess you could say disorder. For awhile we were just trying to do more in the hopes that a bit of fresh air and engagement in life would lighten my mood and while that was helpful it wasn't enough to keep my mind off things. On my sort of downer days Michael would turn into superman and take Page and I would get a few moments to let it out, gather and compose myself and then I would be better. But the down days started becoming more frequent and that is not how I want to be living my life. Finally through the program WIC, I found out about a post partem support group that met once a week in Riverside and they had a sign up for women who felt that this is what they needed. Oh. I needed it. So I signed up and have actually been twice so far and am so thankful that I found this group and these women. It was strange to me because when I went, not only did I find that I wasn't alone but that I had come a long way since Page was first born. It showed me just how much I had accomplished in getting through my anxiety, not completely over it but I have been able to get through it and not let it rule my life. This group was the Lord's way of reminding me that I am so blessed to have a supportive, loving family, that I have the Gospel in my life and I know how to get on my knees and pray to Heavenly Father and ask for strength. It never occurred to me that the Lord was helping me to remember my blessings even though I am going through this hardship. Going to this group has humbled me that my life is not as bad as it could be. Even though I know my pain is real and my trials are hard in their own way, the Lord has giving me so many blessings especially in the form of the people around me to help me. And when I don't see that Heavenly Father and Christ have another way of reminding me...The other night I stayed up late by myself and I started to feel like nobody understood what I was going through and that there wasn't really anyone I could talk to and just really getting down on myself, having a mini pity party when all of the sudden I noticed a silence set in, and that is when I heard His voice, "I am here."
And my heart jost broke. How could I have been so rotten?! How could I have forgotten the one being who has never forgotten me?! It devastated me to think that in a time I needed my Lord and Savior the most, knowing very well how to get in touch with him, I didn't even think to go to him for help? What a truly humbling moment that was and another moment where I saw a great GREAT blessing that I have. The ability to speak to my Father in Heaven and His ability to answer my prayers when I remember to just ask. I know that Post partem anxiety is a trial for me and for many other women in the world. Do not get discouraged. You are not alone. Joining a support group has been a great blessing in my life and always remember if you feel you are alone, there is always one who has felt everything you are going through now. Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and there is never a time He won't be willing to listen. I am so gratful for the knowledge of the Gospel and have never been so happy and so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

1 comment:

  1. Support groups are amazing :) I'm glad you were able to find one to help you!

    ReplyDelete