Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What makes you beautiful: Erica

This week I am spotlighting Mrs. Erica, the middle sister in my husband's family. Erica also helped me with my project by sending me this picture and her explanation of what makes her feel beautiful. I  was a little shocked to see Erica struggled to see what made her beautiful, I was shocked to see that a couple of my sisters struggled with it as well. I have no trouble seeing what makes each of them individually beautiful and unique and I am happy that because of this project they were able to take time to think deeply about it and discover their beauty too!

"So, I went sort of a different route. First of all, when I thought about what makes me feel beautiful, I really couldn't think of anything. I don't see myself as a pretty person. I'm just normal, average, and generally unextraordinary. I have my flaws that I see and certainly focus on too much and I have the quick ability to disappoint myself. with all that, I decided to do some soul searching. I am happier now than a year ago. I am grateful for so many things. I enjoy so many things. I am happy. I think happy people are beautiful. Hence, I must think I'm beautiful. So, I wanted to show some of the things that make me happy. It was a lot of fun to think of things that brought joy, a smile, satisfaction, and peace to my life. Evelyn was a helper photographer and she jumped in. I love that picture more than the others. Each thing in the picture shows something that makes me happy.
Art, exercise, music, helping others, my beliefs, freedom to come and go, my family, and so on - these are the things that make me happy. And happy people are beautiful."    -Erica Lundgreen


What makes Erica so beautiful to me is her ability to capture beauty in such a simplistic way. Her art, her photography, her cuisine, even her decor in her house are beautifully simplistic. Her watercolor is soft and fresh and simply breathtaking. The pictures she takes of her beautiful children are always light and again simple, never cluttered, or overdone. Erica (like all Stones woman) is amazingly talented! And Beautiful! But what I find most beautiful about her is her ability to capture beautifully sweet, simple moments and to create them as well! There are many other reasons that make Erica beautiful but I thought this was definitely worth mentioning :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment