Thursday, May 22, 2014

Writing Woes.

Why is writing so hard? Why do I have all of these brilliant ideas forming each day in my head but when I go to convert them to paper they just decide to get lost in the jungle of my mind?! Is there anywhere I can go, like workshops or websites to help? Will that stunt my creative growth? I know reading is the best way to become a better writer but when I read I get so lost in the stories themselves that I forget to notice techniques used and the way things are said and written. Maybe my problem is I am trying to expand on stories that I wrote that were meant to be short stories and turning them into anything else just seems unfitting! Good news is at least I am making progress. Slowly but surely one of my stories is taking on new life! I have this new obsession with the thought that I only get one life and I don't want all of my stories to never come to life! I want people to be entertained for years to come! Gah! Someone just needs to fill my head with the secrets of the universe so I can become the ultimate writer! Wouldn't that be lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment