Friday, January 31, 2014

Just a small moment

I just wanted to share a little moment that I experienced tonight with my little family. It was a moment that made my heart melt  and made me swell with pride for my husband. Just a small moment that made my husband a hero in my eyes and reaffirmed my great decision of marrying him!
After our dinner tonight Michael took Page to the little coin machines that have little 25 cent prizes inside and bought her a little green bouncy ball. It wasn't much but to Page it was a most special treat! As soon as she got it she was throwing it and giggling as it bounced and rolled around the front of the restaurant! It was obvious this bouncy ball was going to be a fast favorite for Page. We finally got her to hold the ball long enough so we could get outside to the car. We made it to the car, she's still clutching it tightly. We got her buckled into her car seat, she's still got it. Michael starts to close the car door and what does miss Page do? She throws that bouncy ball right out the car door and Michael and I scrambled to catch it before it got away...but it did get away from us and we just couldn't find it (though honestly we didn't look very long). Page was waiting with her hand out and kept saying "ball, ball?" Michael and I looked at each other a little bummed and I looked at Page and told her ball went bye bye. She looked at me confused and just kept repeating "ball, ball." I felt so bad for her. I know that bouncy ball was nothing fancy but she really did seem to enjoy it quite a bit! We got in the car and started to drive away and Pages request for her ball became sadder and sadder "ballll?...balllllll?" It was very sad but I just thought she would get over it eventually. We were down the aisle we had parked in when Michael pulled a upturn and headed back toward the spot where the ball was lost. He parked, pulled out his phone for light and set back out to find the--what I thought at the time--forever lost green bouncy ball. He got down on his hands and knees and just a few minutes later came up holding that meddlesome little green bouncy ball! I actually gave him a WHOOP! I was so amazed he found it in that dark parking lot! I was even more amazed that my husband was moved to do this for our little girl! He just proved once again that he is super dad! It may seem a small thing but to me it was a testament to how far this daddy was willing to go to put a smile on his daughters face. It was a reminder to me that Heavenly Father blessed me with one of the good ones :) I love my husband. I love little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment