It has been awhile since I have posted anything on here but in my defense It is for a good reason! About 2 months ago Michael and I had our baby girl! She is absolutely beautiful! She was born on 4/20/2012 (yes that is national pot smokers day, laugh it up if you need too it is pretty funny). She was actually three weeks early and she was already 8 pounds! Gah!!! Could you imagine if I had gone 40 weeks?!! Well the reason she was born so early was because I was sent to the hospital to be monitored because my blood pressure was high and the stress of being in the hospital and not knowing what was going on sent me into labor! Brilliant! I had a panic attack when they told me I wouldn't just be laying around comfortably as they monitored my blood pressure I was indeed going to have a baby that very night! I was not prepared at all, no hospital bag, no personal necessities, nothing. Even my parents weren't there, they were in Utah dropping off my brother at the Missionary Training Center! I was a nervous wreck. I finally started to calm down after receiving an epidural ---quick side note, epidurals are AWESOME! Though I totally and completely respect and admire women who can have babies naturally and without and pain killers I definitely do not have that much tolerance for pain. Also the epidural helped me to calm down and focus on the pushing rather than focusing on overcoming the pain, loved it!---and when my mom showed up after driving straight to the hospital in an 8 hour trip back from Utah! I had a 10 hour labor and started pushing at 5:00 am on 4/20 and at 5:34 am Page Arynn Stones was laid on my chest gross and beautiful at the same time. It was so surreal to see the little baby girl I've been carrying inside my belly for 9 months suddenly brought into the world and lying there healthy and alive. It was amazing! She is now 9 weeks and 4 days old and I can't remember life before she came, she is my light, my happiness, my joy. I love her, my amazing husband Michael, and our funny dog Tonks! It's weird to think that I have a family of my own but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment