I dislike car accidents...I dislike them even more when I am a part of them. I dislike them even more when I am pregnant and paranoid that everything I do is somehow going to hurt my baby. Yesterday was a day I disliked very much. Michael and I were on our way to Target to get some necessities when a car came out of nowhere, cutting us off and causing me to slam on the brakes. I tried so hard to stop the collision from happening but the only way the accident could have been avoided is if when the driver had seen me they stopped instead of going for the full turn. I hit them towards the back of the passenger side and braced myself a little to firmly for the impact. Luckily it was not a very hard hit but was just enough to have me thrown forward and back. I immediately went in to panic mode. I started freaking out about the fact I just hit another car and about the fact that I had just been wracked around and I didn't know if my baby was ok. Thank GOODNESS the airbags didn't go off--that would have put me past the point of hysteria. Luckily both passengers of the other vehicle were ok and after some calming words and reassuring hair pats Michael assessed that we were ok as well. We exchanged information and I reported the accident as soon as I could and now we are just awaiting the finer details. Luckily there was very minimal damage to both cars and very luckily no one had to take a trip to the hospital that night. Unfortunately I am still a little paranoid about my baby girl and am wanting to go to my doctor just too make sure, I know deep down that everything is all right but the reassurance of knowing for sure would just be liberating. It's been a long time where I've been truly scared about something and I know that is a feeling I hope to never feel again! (though undoubtedly I will because that's what kids do, worry their parents to the point of a heart attack) but even so...I don't want to feel it again anytime soon.... I am so thankful that the accident was not a major one and that no damage was done to anyone or anything. I am thankful and I pray it doesn't happen again!
No comments:
Post a Comment