Monday, March 14, 2011

Snippet of my Short-Short Story Rough Draft

His hand went to her cheek brushing over the blackening bruise. Angelice gasped and turned away. Water formed and blurred her vision.

“I-It’s nothing.” She whispered, more darkly than before.

He exhaled. There was a certain sternness in his voice when he next spoke.

“You cannot pretend with me Angel. I know your life. I know your heart and the pains that have come to light in these last few years. I know who means you the most harm, and as I told you before…” He paused to make sure she was looking at him, a coy smile played on his lips, “I know a way to make the hurt end.”

Angelice slid herself down to sit on the fountain’s end. She stared at her reflection not even recognizing the girl before her. The girl in the water looked as a ghost should. Pale pallid skin sunk around eyes that once shown too-blue in the sunlight. Bones were making their way to the surface poking and prodding at different angles. She was still pretty though. Pathetically pretty. Soon , however, there would be nothing left. Just a rotted corpse buried six feet under and her parents fake cries to send her off to her untimely death. She shivered. Pathetic even in death, just as it ought to be. She turned back to her death.

“So this is how it’s going to be? I am going to die and that’s it?”

Something sparked in the air then and when Angelice saw the malicious twist of death’s mouth she felt that had been the wrong thing to ask.

“Why Angel, I thought you’d never ask.”

His black misted eyes flashed. The smile grew larger.

Angelice tightened her grip around her arms.

“There is in fact…another way…”

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why you think you can't write. You have me hooked. I want to read the whole book now. So you better write it.

    ReplyDelete