Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Lovely Bones

I saw the Lovely Bones for the first time today on DVD and can I just say it is now my new favorite movie of all time. The story, the characters and the deep level of turmoil and confusion partnered along with the deep love and growth of one family just made for such an amazing watch. I read part of the book a long time ago and now I want to buy it and read it all over again, as thoroughly as I possibly can. How this movie makes you think, and how it makes you appreciate all that you have and to hold on to it, no matter what trials or hardships come your way. You can be completely broken and feel that hope will never shine on you again and yet in the moments you choose to realize that justice will one day come to those who have wronged you, that when you choose to let go of all the hate and the bitterness you will find yourself. You make yourself free. Hate and fear and ignorance no longer blind you, life can go on, you put the evil behind you and look to the things that make this life worth living, even the small things. I could go on and on about how this movie made me feel, but I would encourage you to go and watch it (or read it) and see for yourself the messages you find. True it is a creepy story and you will feel anger for a moment for a certain person in the film but the ending is sensational! So yeah, please enjoy The Lovely Bones :]

1 comment:

  1. I had not seen this movie. You have made me want to now. So I guess I better rent it or watch it on pay per view.

    ReplyDelete