My dear old dadster turned 53 this Jolly month o' June! We celebrated by buying him gifts and eating at Steer n Stein (an awesome steak house here in hemet)! My dad is one of the most amazing men that I know and even though we make fun of him and tease him relentlessly, he still loves us and would do anything for any one of us! He truly has a heart of Gold! And my little brother Cade, who is away on a mission right now, wrote a poem about all of the good times we have had with our dad and all of our inside jokes about him and sums up the relationship we have with him! So in dedication to my dad, here it is!
Ode To Mi Papa
53 years have come and gone,
but I'm sure it feels like nothing.
You've grown old and fat and can hardly run,
and yet happily you keep going
You've had joy, pain and sorrow too,
at times too much to comprehend.
Like the tiger in the water at the zoo,
or the time you had what? Two friends?
Or the time when you tried to catch,
the football in the Anza Burrego desert?
You thought you were going to win the match,
but you fell flat on your face and ended up sad and hurt.
Or the time we played baseball in the front yard,
I was little and innocent or so you thunk.
You pitched me the ball and I hit it real hard,
and of course it hit you right in your junk.
Or the time we sat down to dinner,
I said dad look there's a nickel!
The look on your face made me feel like a winner
when your cheek was rubbed with a pickle!
Or the time you had shoulder surgery,
you looked like you were addicted to meth.
You sat on the couch and were still like a tree,
and you had really terrible breath.
Or the time you had those kidney stones,
and were screaming and crying in terror
You fell to the ground, the pain shook your bones,
you cried out to your father in prayer.
Or the time we went camping in Joshua tree,
you tripped and fell over a rock.
You layed on the ground calling to me,
but I just sat and I laughed and I mocked.
Or the time you had to clean Jase's poop and puke,
off of the walls of our small bathroom.
Or when you yelled at lil berra Luke,
because he took a dump in your bedroom.
Well dad, it's safe to say you've had quite the life,
we've shared tons of experiences together.
But the best memories will be in the next life,
when we all live as a family forever.
-Elder Cade Langston
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD MAN!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment